Website Parker Poe
The Financial Systems Analyst is an exempt administrative position. This position reports to the Controller. There are no direct reports to this position.
The Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for developing, reporting, interpreting, and implementing financial data for planning and control. The Analyst will also be responsible as the back-up support for the continual day-to-day operations and functionality of the Accounting Information Systems and Applications.
May require after-hours and weekend support to repair and/or maintain systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs data analysis to facilitate identifying and resolving of issues/problems.
• Responds to reporting and inquiry requests for all Firm departments.
• Develops custom analytics. Develops T-SQL language queries/reports supporting Accounting.
• Prepares month end reports for management. Gathers and analyzes current data to aid management in making decisions.
• Develop and maintain profit/cost rate models.
• Gathers and inputs survey data .
• Develops and maintains legal project management system, matter planning techniques, and pricing solutions.
• Ensures continuous operation and reliability of accounting systems and applications.
• Partners with IT in the implementation, upgrade, the functional and technical maintenance of financial systems applications, ensuring continuing operational quality.
• Oversees system security by authorizing access to users through design and/or modification of security profiles, adjusting as needed for changing requirements.
• Provides technical and application support to financial application users. Coordinates and provides end-user training as necessary.
• Maintains up to date system/process documentation and procedural guidelines.
• Analyzes system performance discrepancies and recommends improvements.
• Participates on project teams for evaluation and implementation of new systems, or enhancement or upgrade of existing systems.
• Identifies and recommends production customizations and enhancements.
• Collaborates on design, documents and implements system updates/upgrades, makes recommendations to improve workflow, enhances reporting and analytics and positively impacts overall operational effectiveness.
• Works with and manages vendors (as assigned by the Manager), service providers, or consultants to help maintain systems and services, resolve support incidents, and complete projects.
• Adheres to all Firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
• Functions as a financial systems subject matter expert.
• Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a finance role or related discipline with 5+ years of IT systems experience. Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm preferred.
• Bachelors’ Degree in finance, accounting, computer science, or related field.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards.
• Substantial analytical, evaluative, statistical examination, and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail. Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools.
• Excellent project management skills and demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
• Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with employees, attorneys, clients, and the public.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed. Works independently with minimal supervision. Overcomes major obstacles and recognizes when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Demonstrates independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including creating and utilizing spreadsheets as well as accounting system applications.
• Exhibits initiative and innovative thinking and drives best practices. Demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), and in-depth knowledge of financial, time entry, budgeting and cost recovery applications such as Elite, 3E, E-Billing Hub, ChromeRiver, Redwood, CopiTrak,and iTimeKeep.
• Strong skills in business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com