- This event has passed.
Webinar: Diversity & Inclusion: 60 Tips in 60 Minutes
March 20, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Why is diversity important, and how can we do a better job bringing diversity and inclusion to our lives and the workplace? Businesses must pursue diverse talent and achieve real inclusion if they want to be successful beyond today, and into tomorrow. This PowerPoint presentation in a visually pleasing, graphically rich format explores the subjects of diversity and inclusion. Beginning with a fundamental understanding of diversity and its many dimensions, participants will achieve greater comprehension of the types and layers of diversity, beyond those as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Once the concept of diversity is explored, how do we go on to create real inclusion? How can we create policies and procedures that support our definition of success? What strategies can we employ, and where can we get help if we need it?
1. Distinguish the differences between diversity and inclusion and why both are essential for a successful program.
2. Identify pitfalls and barriers to diversity and inclusion to be more familiar with common biases, and how to foster awareness of these unconscious beliefs and counteract them.
3. Recognize workplace and recruitment/retention considerations related to differences including religion, age, disabilities, gender issues, sexuality, gender identification, and military status.
4. Discover strategies to help diverse people succeed in the workplace.
5. Apply resources to support your diversity and inclusion efforts.
Rita F. Garrett is Office Administrator of Kutak Rock LLP in Atlanta, Georgia and an active member of ALA. She is Vice Chair for its Committee on Diversity & Inclusion, assuming the Chair position in May 2018.
Michael G. Stephens, PHR, is Director of Human Resources & Diversity for Alston & Bird LLP in Atlanta, Georgia and an active member of ALA and its Committee on Diversity & Inclusion.