Website Winston & Strawn LLP
The Senior Paralegal-Litigation provides litigation paralegal support, including managing cases independently while working under the general supervision of attorneys. The incumbent serves as lead paralegal on assigned cases and is responsible for supervising junior paralegals, project assistants and/or temporary paralegals while maintaining positive contact with clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compiles and performs critical data analysis as requested by attorneys.
• Proofreads, Bluebooks and cite checks legal documents and/or memoranda to assist with preparation of court and/or agency filings, including drafting of tables of authority and electronic filings, where necessary.
• Supervises and/or coordinates work assignments for junior paralegals and temporary paralegals on large litigation cases and/or a large projects within the litigation practice area.
• Organizes and manages litigation cases from inception to trial and appeal including document productions, deposition preparation and trial preparation.
• Assembles case law binders, prepares correspondence; drafts and maintains document indices, witness binders, and spreadsheets.
• Attends and assists in depositions, witness interviews, trials and court hearings.
• Communicates with clients, government agencies or officials on a regular basis to collect and assemble information.
• Serves as senior resource for legal specialties and organizational policies and procedures.
Must be specifically listed on resume in order to be considered for this position
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate required.
• 7 years minimum litigation paralegal experience required.
• Knowledge and understanding of legal principles and practices, experienced in all areas of paralegal duties from inception of case to trial and appeal, including but not limited to case management, general research utilizing Westlaw, case retrieval, bluebooking, cite checking and proof reading pleadings.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and litigation support applications such as Relativity, Concordance, IPRO, LiveNote, TextMap and Third Party platforms.
• Trial experience required.
• Ability to apply understanding and knowledge of the litigation process from pretrial to post-trial.
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication across a diverse group of internal and external clients, attorneys and staff while maintaining high level of work quality and customer service.
• Ability to travel locally and nationwide as needed.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
• Ability to work moderate to heavy overtime.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Clearance of firm standard background check required. We value diversity in our workplace.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.winston.com/en/index.html →