Website Robinson Bradshaw
Established Charlotte-based law firm is seeking a full-time Attorney Recruiting and Diversity Coordinator to support the recruiting and hiring of entry-level and lateral lawyers, the firm’s diversity and inclusion efforts, and firm events/initiatives. Candidates must have a four-year degree and at least one to two years of recruiting or HR experience. The position will report to the firm’s attorney recruiting administrator and the firm’s executive administrator.
This position requires strong interpersonal, organization, time management, and communication skills paired with a dedicated client service mentality. This position is the face of the firm in many situations, and the individual must create and maintain a positive image through interactions with applicants, law school career services personnel, attorneys, staff, vendors, and the local bar.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for entry-level associate and law student recruitment by pre-screening resumes, tracking candidates, coordinating the interview process, helping with offer letter preparation, and orienting new hires.
- Assist in coordinating the On-Campus Interview (OCI) and callback process, including tracking and evaluation of candidates, preparing follow-up letters, and preparing recruiting committee materials.
- Work closely with the department manager and Recruiting Committee in implementing the firm’s Summer Associate program, including pre-arrival processes and communications, tracking assignments and evaluations, planning and executing social activities, and preparing recruiting committee materials.
- Coordinate and send response letters to interviewed candidates and write-in submissions.
- Maintain legal recruiting database and statistical reports.
- Network, promote and build relationships with candidates, law schools, and other legal recruiting sources.
- Support the firm’s efforts to recruit, mentor, retain and develop lawyers with diverse backgrounds, outlooks and interests.
- Work with the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Recruiting Committee, and management to help coordinate and implement firm diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assist in promoting and articulating the benefits of diversity and inclusion for the firm, its attorneys and staff, clients, and the legal community.
- Maintain diversity-related statistical information for firm, survey and RFP reporting.
- Prepare initial drafts of diversity-related surveys and reports, including quantitative
research, benchmarking data and marketplace research on diversity trends.
- Coordinate location/audiovisual/catering for diversity workshops, events and programs.
- Assist with firm participation in local bar diversity clerkships, job fairs and diverse
affinity group activities.
- Provide logistical support for lateral attorney recruitment.
- Assist in coordinating firm events and provide support for other administration
- Bachelor’s degree and one to two years of recruiting or HR experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of
firm management, attorneys, staff, clients and potential candidates.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and
successfully, many with tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills. Statistical experience helpful.
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
- Interest in and familiarity with diversity-related programs.
- Preference given to applicants with LawCruit, Symplicity or similar applicant tracking
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be proactive and results-oriented.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and to maintain confidentiality of such
Forward resume and letter of interest to Pamela Sachs, Director of Human Resources,
This law firm recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, genetic information, age or other protected status. All terms and conditions of employment such as compensation, benefits, work assignment, availability of facilities and privileges of employment are administered on the same basis of equality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org