Website Charles G Monnett III & Associates
Medium size personal injury litigation firm in search of a law firm administrator with strong human resources and bookkeeping skills.
Position Description for Firm Administrator
The Firm Administrator shall be responsible for managing the administrative operations of the Firm, including supervising all non-attorney personnel; evaluating and managing the Firm’s operating and information systems; overseeing the Firm’s finance functions; assisting in the marketing of the Firm’s legal services and client development activities; and evaluating, managing and supervising the facilities of the Firm.
Personnel and Human Resources Management
The Firm Administrator should have a background in personnel and human resource
management and will be responsible for overall non-attorney personnel management, including the following:
• Determining non-attorney staff needs in coordination with the supervising attorneys, as appropriate.
• Interviewing and screening applicants for non-attorney positions.
• Supervising the training of non-attorney personnel.
• Evaluating non-attorney personnel, including consulting with the supervising attorneys.
• Coordinating vacation schedules of non-attorney personnel.
• Counseling non-attorney personnel who are not complying with Firm procedures and requirements and taking appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
• Handling termination of employment of non-attorney employees after consultation with the supervising attorneys.
• Conducting non-attorney personnel meetings.
• Maintaining personnel records for all employees.
• Determining and recommending salary adjustments for non-attorney personnel.
• Maintaining the non-attorney employment manual.
• Maintaining the attorney manual, containing policies and procedures applicable only to attorney personnel.
• Administering, evaluating, and recommending changes, as appropriate, to, the benefits offered by the Firm, including welfare and retirement benefits.
Management of Firm Finances
The Firm Administrator should have a strong financial background and will be responsible for the overall financial planning and financial management for the Firm, including responsibility for the following:
• Planning and implementing the Firm’s annual budget.
• Monthly credit card reconciliations for all attorneys and staff.
• Preparation and maintaining of tax documents throughout the year including Estimated Taxes and EOY Tax Returns, Inventory and Sales Tax Returns.
• General ledger and trust accounting.
• Tracking client related expenses.
• Assisting with billing and collections.
• Cash flow control.
• Managing banking relationships.
• Payroll and fringe benefits for employees.
• Preparation of settlement statements, check writing and disbursements to vendors.
• Maintaining and tracking attorney bar membership renewals, CLE payments, etc.
• Benefits administrator for firm profit-sharing, health, dental, life and disability plans.
The Firm Administrator will be responsible for the overall management of the Firm’s physical facilities and related functions, including the following:
• Office furniture, equipment, including copy machines, telephones, fax machines, postage and other mail equipment.
• Purchasing office and breakroom supplies, including food and drink items, and miscellaneous equipment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com