Website King & Spalding
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking an Office Administrator to join our Charlotte office. The candidate in this position will have the opportunity to lead and promote a positive work environment that encourages teamwork and personal development in areas including recruiting and staffing, onboarding of new employees, employee benefit enrollment, compensation, compliance with applicable laws, employee relations, performance management, facilities oversight and implementation of firm initiatives. The Office Administrator will work closely with the Office Managing Partner (OMP) and the Director of Office Operations (DOO).
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Provides guidance to the Charlotte office lawyers and staff (including mentoring, advising, coaching, counseling, and mediating) and foster a service-oriented culture.
- Keeps Office Managing Partner (OMP) and Director of Office Operations (DOO) informed of operational and/or human resources issues.
- Works with the DOO to achieve a balance between supporting the lawyers’ specific needs and implementing consistent firm-wide practices.
- Supports the DOO in the preparation of the annual office budget, manages expenses to budget, and provides routine reporting and recommendations. Approves local invoices for payment and petty cash disbursements.
- Participates in the annual support staff performance reviews and compensation administration with the DOO.
- Ensures consistency with employment policies and legal compliance including ADA, FMLA, Wage and Hour, Visa and Immigration Laws.
- Edits and approves non-exempt time entries in eLabor Time and Attendance System.
- Screens and interviews applicants for staff and management positions.
- Prepares employment offers for non-lawyer positions.
- Coordinates the on-boarding and off-boarding processes for lateral partners, attorneys and support staff.
- Prepares departure packets and conducts exit interviews for all Charlotte employees. Provides exit interview feedback to the DOO and/or OMP, as needed.
- Communicates benefits plans and programs to the Charlotte employees, including open enrollment programs. Assists in resolving employee benefit problems with the Employee Benefits Department.
- Reports all Workers Compensation claims, files claim information as required, follow-up on claims and researches problems. Manages claims with assistance of worker’s compensation carrier, case managers and the Employee Benefits Department.
- Administers and manages FMLA and STD policies for the Charlotte offices.
- Investigates employee complaints and develops recommendations to resolve personnel matters.
- Supervises the coordination of office social events, staff appreciation events, etc.
- Manages relationships with local vendors (e.g., office supplies, cleaners, etc.)
- Performs ad-hoc duties as assigned by the DOO and/or OMP
Successful Candidates are detail oriented, efficient and have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, high volume environment. Candidates should have working knowledge of all pertinent employment laws and a thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations as well as possess the ability to counsel with employees, demonstrating confidentiality and resourcefulness. Candidates should have demonstrated leaderships skills and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with all firm personal. Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources Management or Business Management degree preferred; 5-10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management required. Deep understanding and experience in all disciplines of Human Resources Management and familiarity with finance, facilities, etc. Previous law firm or professional services experience preferred.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.