Website Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
About Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
Katten is a firm of first choice for clients seeking sophisticated, high-value legal services in the United States and abroad. Our nationally recognized practices include corporate, financial services, litigation, real estate, environmental, commercial finance, insolvency and restructuring, intellectual property, and trusts and estates. Our more than 650 attorneys serve public and private companies, including a third of the Fortune 100, as well as a number of government and nonprofit organizations and individuals. We provide full-service legal advice from locations across the United States and in London and Shanghai.
Summary for the Senior Procurement Manager position:
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer and according to established Firm policies and procedures, the Senior Procurement Manager will facilitate development of global purchasing strategies and obtain pricing; level bids; develop, negotiate and administer contracts for products and services firm wide at competitive rates that take full advantage of the total related firm spending volume. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned.
- Develop and implement global purchasing strategies.
- Establish and execute negotiation strategies.
- Collaborate with Office of General Counsel (OGC) regarding the sourcing strategy and procurement process for products/services in order to deliver business needs, realize procurement value and streamline process for OGC review.
- Locate, evaluate, and recommend high quality, low cost sources of supply on a local and an international basis.
- Evaluate and enhance our operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in global spend.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of purchasing and procurement agents across all departments.
- Formulate and communicate firm-wide procurement procedures in order to improve procurement processes.
- Design a vendor quality measurement system for the firm and major contracts.
- Generate forecast and total purchases reports for management.
- Help improve firm profitability by reducing costs, cost avoidance and timely receipt of commodities and services.
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Procurement, Finance or other related fields preferred. Minimum of ten years relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment. Corporate purchasing experience, procurement process development and implementation is required.
- Knowledgeable of procuring IT infrastructure, hardware and software highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook; Visio, and PNet or other e-procurement system.
- Ability to communicate with courtesy, diplomacy and discretion, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, firm management, clients, staff and outside contacts.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills including record keeping, data collection and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e- mail or verbally.
- Highly motivated, strategic focus: ability to understand and support Firm goals, services, culture and strategy in order to present self and the Firm in a positive, professional manner. Understand and stays up to date on current legal market trends, news, and innovations.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-stressed, detail-oriented work environment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workflow.
- Dependable team player with high energy, creativity and vision who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently within scope of the position’s responsibilities as a decision-maker and contributor on all levels.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision and logic with knowledge of all aspects of the business development process in order to perform the essential duties of the position. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to travel to other Katten offices.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
To apply send resume via e-mail to email@example.com
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org