Website Fisher Phillips
Fisher Phillips, a national employment and labor law firm, is seeking an experienced temporary Litigation Paralegal for a four to nine month assignment in its Charlotte office. With over 350 attorneys in 32 offices nationwide, our range of experience and expertise enables us to bring efficient and practical solutions to today’s labor and employment law problems. For more information about the firm, please visit us at our website at www.fisherphillips.com.
Paralegals should strive to perform high-quality billable work for the benefit of our clients and the support of our attorneys. We expect our paralegals to provide a high level of expertise in assisting clients and attorneys while managing a busy case and/or matter load. The temporary position primarily will include work on a large, complex litigation matter which involves attorneys in several offices.
- Demonstrated effectiveness at obtaining and managing client documents, including electronic data, and determining potential existence of documents that may be relevant to the case.
- Regularly conduct litigation, criminal, and civil background checks and obtains properly authenticated records as needed.
- Effectively and regularly drafts for attorney review: removal documents, certificates of interested parties, answers, initial disclosures, various motions and orders, scheduling orders, protective orders, deposition notices, affidavits and declarations, discovery and our responses to discovery, settlement agreements, dismissal documents for attorney review, etc.
- Assists with preparation of motions for summary judgment; checking deposition cites, assembling exhibits, and creating the appendix.
- Consistently and accurately identify and prepare all documents for production including bates labeling and redacting for privileged and confidential information.
- Effectively assists in preparation for trial including managing exhibits and all evidentiary matters, witness lists, files and subpoenas, coordinates and attends witness prep meetings; assists at trial.
- Conducts online research and able to utilize the firm’s electronic resources efficiently and effectively.
- Able to juggle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and timely seeks assistance when needed.
- Willing and capable to offer assistance to others when needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Attendance & Punctuality: Be consistently at work and on time; arrive at meetings and appointments on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Communication: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate and collaborate with remote team members.
- Customer Service: Respond promptly to attorney and client requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Dependability: Follow instructions; complete tasks on time; commit to the hours necessary to complete assignments; work independently.
- Professionalism: Approach others in a tactful manner; treat others with respect; react well under pressure.
- Team Work: Contribute to building a positive team spirit; support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills: Possess basic PC skills; Ability to use phone system, copier, scanner, fax, and printer.
No relocation costs. Principals only, no calls please.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit laborlawyers.clearcompany.com.